From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon


Okonek, then Ratzebuhr, received town rights in 1597 and city rights in 1754. The oldest known seal of the town dates from 1620 and shows a shield with two trees, most likely oak trees, and above the shield a helmet with an oak tree as a crest.

The second seal dates from the early 19th century and shows the griffin of Pommerania, holding the small oak branch in its paws. On the arms was a five-leaved crown. The griffin was probably added when the city rights were granted. The oak branch was added to distinguish the arms from the many other arms with the griffin of Pommerania.

The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

The arms as shown around 1970

Follow us on

Contact us
Support the site:

Click on the image to see how to support the site !

Literature :