Difference between revisions of "Püttlingen"

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replacement - "ö" to "ö")
m (Text replacement - "Literature" to "Literature")
Line 23: Line 23:
 
{{media}}
 
{{media}}
  
[[Literature]] : Heyen und Zimmer, 1966
+
[[Civic Heraldry Literature - Germany|Literature]] : Heyen und Zimmer, 1966
  
 
[[Category:German Municipalities P|Puttlingen]]
 
[[Category:German Municipalities P|Puttlingen]]

Revision as of 07:38, 26 January 2017

Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Wappen der Welt
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Germany
Deutsche Wappen
Germany-flag.jpg


  • Total pages in the German section : 20,829
  • Total images in the German section : 25,778

PÜTTLINGEN

State : Saarland
District (Kreis) : Saarbrücken
Additions : 1974 Köllerbach (1932 Engelfangen, Etzenhofen, Kölln, Herchenbach, Rittenhofen, Sellerbach)

Wappen von Püttlingen

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on May 9, 1975.

The upper half of the arms is taken from the old arms of Püttlingen, see below. The lion of Nassau-Saarbrücken is taken from the old arms of Köllerbach. The nine billets in the lower half symbolise the nine villages in the municipality.

The previous arms (see below) were never granted to, but used by, the municipality.

Puttlingen2.jpg

The first arms were granted by Prince Christian Ludwig von Wied-Runkel, Lord of Püttlingen in 1768 and showed a silver anchor-cross in red. These arms were used until the French occupation in the early 19th century. In the early 20th century the municipality started to use the above arms, which are the arms of the Counts of Kriechingen-Pittingen as lords of Püttlingen. Often the municipality used the complete armorial bearings, with mantling and as a crest two wings with the arms of Kriechingen (red bar).



Follow us on
Facebook.jpg Instagram.png
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
Mail.png
Contact us
Support the site:

Donate.jpg


Ebay.png
eBay shop
Payhip.jpg
Download shop

Literature : Heyen und Zimmer, 1966