|Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
The arms were officially granted on May 9, 1975.
The upper half of the arms is taken from the old arms of Püttlingen, see below. The lion of Nassau-Saarbrücken is taken from the old arms of Köllerbach. The nine billets in the lower half symbolise the nine villages in the municipality.
The previous arms (see below) were never granted to, but used by, the municipality.
The first arms were granted by Prince Christian Ludwig von Wied-Runkel, Lord of Püttlingen in 1768 and showed a silver anchor-cross in red. These arms were used until the French occupation in the early 19th century. In the early 20th century the municipality started to use the above arms, which are the arms of the Counts of Kriechingen-Pittingen as lords of Püttlingen. Often the municipality used the complete armorial bearings, with mantling and as a crest two wings with the arms of Kriechingen (red bar).
Literature : Heyen und Zimmer, 1966