Perniö

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

Punaisessa kentässä kaateinen auranterä, josta kasvaa viisi lehmuksen lehteä; kaikki kultaa.

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on October 22, 1957.

The plough iron is a symbol for the agricultural character of the village. The linden leaves are a canting symbol, pärnä being an old Finnish word for linden.


The arms on a road sign

The arms on the town hall

Follow us on
 

 
Contact us
Support the site:

Click on the image to see how to support the site !

Literature : Pirinen, K. Local coats of arms in Finland (Suomen kunnallisvaakunat), Vantaa, 1982, 216 p.