Peterhouse College (Cambridge University)
PETERHOUSE COLLEGE (CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY)
Or, four pallets gules; on a bordure of the last eight open crowns of the first.
The arms were officially granted in 1575.
Peterhouse, founded in 1284 by Bishop Hugh de Balsham shows the arms of the Balsham family (pales) with a borudre of crowns. These are derived from the arms of the See of Ely, of which Hugh the Balsham was bishop at the time.
The arms on a tobacco card, (1922)