|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
State : Bayern
District (Kreis) : Neustadt an der Waldnaab (until 1973 Eschenbach in der Oberpfalz)
Additions : 1972 Altenparkstein (partly), Schwand (partly); 1978 Dießfurt (1949 Troschelhammer), Hessenreuth (partly), Riggau
Unter Schildhaupt mit den bayerischen Rauten in Silber der blaue Großbuchstabe P, darüber schwebend eine goldene Krone.
The present arms already appear on the oldest seals of the town, dating from the 14th century. The chief shows the diamonds of the Wittelsbach family, Dukes of Bayern. The lower part shows the town's initial and a crown. The latter is likely a symbol for the local court.
In 1819 the arms were changed, and showed in the upper part the lion of the Pfalz (the town belonged to the Pfalz). The lower part showed the diamonds. On November 24, 1835 the old arms were again granted.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Municipal stationery, 1960s