Country : Belgium
|Dutch||Blauw, met gouden schild, te midden bedekt met een zilveren schild, met goud genagelde, getongden en gekroonden rooden leeuw, en met blauwen band; het schild gedragen door twee rood genagelde en getongde gouden geleeuwde luipaarden.|
The arms were officially granted on May 26, 1902.
The arms are those of the last counts of the County Rumbeke of the Thiennes family. The family had acquired the castle and estate in the 16th century. The estate was promoted to county on September 13, 1649 and was owned by the family until 1856.
The arms were also used on the 18th century seal of the county. The family originated from the French village of Thiennes, which uses the same arms.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature: Servais, 1955
Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site