From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Province : Antwerpen
Additions : 1977 Reet, Terhagen

Wapen van Rumst/Coat of arms (crest) of Rumst

Official blazon

  • (1925) In keel eene dwarsbalk van zilver vergezeld in het hoofd van eenen barensteel van vijf hangers van goud.
  • (1985) Gedeeld 1. in keel een dwarsbalk van zilver vergezeld in het schildhoofd van een barensteel met vijf hangers van goud 2. in keel drie palen van goud en een schildhoofd van zilver.


The arms were granted on July 3, 1925 and again on July 7, 1987.

The old arms are the arms of Phillipe of Vianden, who, in the late 13th century inherited the Estate of Rumst.


The silver bar is the original arms of Vianden (Luxembourg). Even though the village was not for a long time a possession of the Vianden family, the arms remained in use. The oldest known seal of Rumst dates from 1373 and shows the above arms, when the village was owned by the Counts of Vlaanderen.

The new arms combine the old arms of both Rumst and Reet.

Wapen van/Blason de Rumst

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Wapen van/Blason de Rumst

The arms on a police badge (source)

Contact and Support


© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Servais, 1955; Anonymous : Van evers en heiligen - wapens en vlaggen van de gemeenten in de provincie Antwerpen. Antwerpen, 1998.