Sankt Goarshausen (kreis)
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
SANKT GOARSHAUSEN (LORELEYKREIS, GOA)
The arms were granted on May 2, 1952.
The arms combine symbols of four of the main territories that formed the district in the 19th century. The first quarter shows the arms of the Counts of Katzenelnbogen, the second shows the cross of the State of Trier, the third the wheel of the State of Mainz, and the fourth the lion of the Pfalz.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.