Santa Rosa de Viterbo (São Paulo)
|Heraldry of the World |
Heráldica do Mundo
|Brazil heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of Brazil
Heráldica do Brasil
SANTA ROSA DE VITERBO
State : São Paulo
The arms were granted on January 7, 1997.
The three roses are canting alluding to St Rosa (rosa = rose), patron saint of the city and the wavy bar represents the Pardo river which flows near the city.
The supporters show that coffee and sugar cane are important agricultural products of the region.
The shield is surmounted by a mural crown appropriate to a city and a scroll below the shield bears the name of the city between the year when the settlement became a "vila", receiving the first administrative officials (1893) and the year when it acquired city rights (1910).
Literature : Image and background provided by Lauro Ribeiro Escobar, São Paulo.