|Heraldry of the World|
|Finnish heraldry portal|
Mustassa kentässä sorkka-aura ja sen yläpuolella vallikoroinen lakio, kaikki kultaa.
The arms were officially granted on March 3, 1953.
The division line refers to the fact that after the Treaty of Turku in 1743 the border between Sweden and Russia ran through Savitaipale.There was a border post in the village until 1812. The pine trees refer to the pine forests and the importance of forestry for the area.
The lower half shows a ancient type of plough, used locally.
The arms on the municipal border
Literature : Pirinen, K. Local coats of arms in Finland (Suomen kunnallisvaakunat), Vantaa, 1982, 216 p.