|Heraldry of the World|
|Luxembourg heraldry portal|
Héraldique de Luxembourg
The arms were granted on March 12, 1975.
The municipality of Schifflange was created in 1876, before the area belonged to Esch-sur-Alzette.
The arms are identical to the arms of the De Schifflange family, who used these arms in the 17th century. The family, however, never ruled or owned the village.
Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.