|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on May 17, 1956.
The arms show the imperial eagle, as large parts of the district belonged to the Imperial estates (Reichsritterschaft) of Kraichgau. Another large part of the district belonged to the Pfalz (Palatinate), and the lion in the breastshield is the lion of the Pfalz. The bend in the breastshield is the arms of Baden, as the whole area is now part of Baden.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.