Incorporated into : 1974 East Lindsey
The council never had official arms, but the above arms were used.
The arms are the arms for the Lumley family, Earl of Scarborough. The Earl of Scarborough was the Lord of the Manor of Skegness and the chief landowner. In the 1870's the Earl of Scarborough, landowner of Skegness at that time, decided to improve the town. In 1922, Lord Scarborough sold the foreshore to Skegness Urban District Council.
The arms are now used by the Skegness town council.
The arms as used on a JaJa postcard +/- 1905