South Wales and Monmouthshire School of Mines

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
United Kingdom.jpg
British heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of the United Kingdom
Unitedkingdom-flag.gif

Overseas possessions


  • Total pages in the British section : 3,271

SOUTH WALES AND MONMOUTHSHIRE SCHOOL OF MINES

Renamed 1948 Glamorgan Technical College; 1958 Glamorgan College of Technology and finally in 1970 Glamorgan Polytechnic
Merged 1970 to be part of the Polytechnic of Wales, renamed 1992 to University of Glamorgan, merged in 2013 to University of South Wales

Country: United Kingdom
Campus/location : Trefforest

Coat of arms (crest) of South Wales and Monmouthshire School of Mines

Official blazon

Arms: Azure, in front of a spur wheel, pendent therefrom a miner's safety lamp, two geological hammers in saltire, all Or.
Crest: On a wreath of the colours, A dragon passant gules resting the dexter claw on an antique lamp Or.
Motto: Luce scientiae vinces.

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on June 15, 1915.

We have no information on the meaning or origin of these arms.

If you have any information on these arms Wales and Monmouthshire School of Mines mail us !


Literature: