|German||In Silber auf grünem Boden ein grüner Apfelbaum mit goldenen Früchten, dem Stamm aufgelegt der rote Großbuchstabe S.|
The arms were officially granted on February 12, 1959.
The oldest known seal of the city, known from the latter part of the 16th century, already shows these arms. The second, 17th century seal also shows these arms, but later seals only show the name of the town. In 1959 the historical arms were restored, with the exception that the town's initial is now placed in front of the apple tree instead of around the tree. The meaning of the apple tree as such is not known.
Hupp showed in the 1920s with the S around the tree:
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site