|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Salzburg
District : Tamsweg
The arms were officially granted onJanuary 17, 1587 and again on October 24, 1927.
The arms show a chamois, Gams in the local dialect, making the arms canting. The base indicates the high mountains in the area.
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932
Literature : Zaisberger, F. and Pfeiffer, N. : Salzburger Gemeindewappen. Winter Verlag, Salzburg, 1985