The Queen's College (Oxford University)
THE QUEEN'S COLLEGE (OXFORD UNIVERSITY)
Argent, three eagles displayed, two and one, gules, [on the breast of that in dexter chief a pierced mullet of six points] and each beaked and legged Or.
Entered at the Visitation of 1574.
This College uses the canting arms of its founder. Robert de Eglesfield. The "Hall of the Queen's Scholars of Oxford" was founded by Royal Charter in 1341. The Queen was Phillipa and Robert was her chaplain, and she is sometimes regarded as co-founder.
The arms on a tobacco card, (1922)