Trinity Cathedral, Easton, Maryland
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
TRINITY CATHEDRAL, EASTON
Denomination : Anglican
Argent, on achevron gules three ducal coronets Or, in base a cross patonce sable; a canton paly of the third and fourth with a bend counterchanged
The Three coronets symbolizes Trinity. The Canton shows the Clavert quarters of the Maryland Arms and alludes to the location. The Cross patonce are from the Arms of Henry Champlin Lay first Bishop of Easton 1869-1885, and funder of Trinity. The Arms was Designed by Colonel Harry D. Temple. Oddly enough the Diocese itself lacks a Coat of Arms.
Literature : Eckford De Kay: Heraldry in the Episcopal Church