|German||In Blau ein roter Reichsapfel mit goldenem Beschläg und goldenem Kreuz.|
Ubstadt is first mentioned in 770 and in 1237 a local council is mentioned. Ubstadt belonged from the middle of the 14th century until 1803 to the Bishops of Speyr. After 1803 it became part of Baden.
The orb is derived from the local village sign, and has no connection with the Imperial orb. The village used a sign of a cross rising from a circle. In the circle a horizontal bar was seen. In the end of the 17th century it was seen as an orb and ever since an orb has been the arms of Ubstadt. In the oldest seal, dating from 1705 it is already shown as an orb. In 1699 it was mentioned that the council had no seal. In 1907 the orb was proposed as official arms of the town, but they were not used until 1959, when the municipality decided to use the proposed arms.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site
Literature: John, H. : Wappenbuch des Landkreises Karlsruhe. Stuttgart, 1986.