110th Field Artillery Regiment, Maryland Army National Guard

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Usa.jpg
US heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of the United States
Usa.flag.gif

110TH FIELD ARTILLERY REGIMENT, MARYLAND ARMY NATIONAL GUARD

Coat of arms (crest) of the 110th Field Artillery Regiment, Maryland Army National Guard

Official blazon

Shield: Parti per chevron Gules and paly of six pieces Or and Sable a bend counterchanged, in chief a garland of the second the dexter half laurel the sinister oak.
Crest: That for the regiments and separate battalions of the Maryland Army National Guard: On a wreath of the colors (Or and Gules) a cross bottony per cross quarterly Gules and Argent.
Motto: SICUT QUERCUS (As The Oak).

Distinctive Unit Insignia. Description: A Gold metal and enamel device 1 3/32 inches (2.78 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Parti per chevron Gules and paly of six pieces Or and Sable a bend counterchanged, in chief a garland of the second the dexter half laurel the sinister oak.

Origin/meaning

Shield: The red color on the shield indicates the arm of the service, the wreath symbolizes participation in World War I and the wreath is divided per pale, the dexter half showing laurel leaves symbolizing achievement, and the sinister half, oak leaves, in allusion to the beautiful grove of oak trees in which the Armory of the Regiment is located. The Calvert Arms in the base are from the shield of the State of Maryland.

The coat of arms was originally approved for the 110th Field Artillery, Maryland National Guard on 28 April 1924. It was redesignated for the 110th Field Artillery Battalion, Maryland National Guard on 23 October 1942. It was redesignated for the 110th Artillery, Maryland National Guard on 3 September 1960. The insignia was redesignated for the 110th Field Artillery, Maryland Army National Guard on 11 July 1972. The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 110th Field Artillery, Maryland National Guard on 13 August 1924. It was redesignated for the 110th Field Artillery Battalion, Maryland National Guard on 23 October 1942. It was redesignated for the 110th Artillery, Maryland National Guard on 3 September 1960. The insignia was redesignated for the 110th Field Artillery, Maryland Army National Guard on 11 July 1972.


Follow us on Facebook.jpg

(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)

Donate.jpg

Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Rate these arms / rate this page :
0.00
(0 votes)

(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)



Literature: Image from Wikimedia Commons. Information from The Institute of Heraldry, US Army.