300th Field Artillery Regiment, Wyoming Army National Guard
|Heraldry of the World |
|US heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of the United States
300TH FIELD ARTILLERY REGIMENT, WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
(Coat of Arms)
(Distinctive Unit Insignia)
Shield: Gules, five fleurs-de-lis Or one, three, and one, on a chief embattled Azure fimbriated of the second a demi-sun issuant of the like.
Crest: Thar for the regiments and separate battalions of the Wyoming Army National Guar: From a wreath Or and Gules, an American bison statant Proper.
Motto: Powder river.
Distinctive Unit Insignia, Description: A Gold color metal and enamel device 1 5/32 inches (2.94 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Gules, five fleurs-de-lis Or one, three, and one, on a chief embattled Azure fimbriated of the second a demi-sun issuant of the like. Attached below the shield a Gold scroll inscribed "POWDER RIVER" in blue letters.
The red Shield with the Fleurs-de-lis are for Artillery Service in France during World War I. The Chief is blue for Infantry service in the Philippines. The Sun both alludes to service in the Far East and to the Insignia of the 41st Division. The Yellow fimbriation symbolises Cavalry assignment of the Regiment (as 115th Cavalry). The embattlement indicates the fighting record of the Regiment. The Motto has been the battle cry and catch word of the Regiment from its earliest days.
The Coat of Arms was originally approved for the 115th Cavalry on 9 June 1924. It was redesignated for the 115th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron, Mechanized on 10 June July 1944. It was redesignated for the 300th Armored Field Artillery Battalion on 7 February 1952 and for the 45th Artillery Regiment on 5 April 1961. On 19 June 1972 it was redesignated for the 49th Field Artillery Regiment and for the 300th Field Artillery Regiment on 1 October 1996. The Distinctive Unit Insignia was originally approved for the 115th Cavalry on 12 June 1924, it was redesignated for the 115th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron. Mechanized on 12 July 1944. The Insignia was redesignated for the 300th Armored Field Artillery Battalion on 7 February 1952, and for the 49th Artillery Regiment on 5 April 1961. Redesignated for the 49th Field Artillery Regiment on 19 June 1972 and for the 300th Field Artillery Regiment on 1 October 1996.
|Follow us on||
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
|Rate these arms / rate this page :
(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)
Literature: Images and Information from Wikimedia Commons and The Insititute of Heraldry, US Army.