577th Engineer Battalion, US Army
|Heraldry of the World |
|US heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of the United States
577TH ENGINEER BATTALION, US ARMY
(Coat of Arms)
(Distinctive Unit Insignia)
Shield: Per fess Argent and Gules in chief a spur gear, in base a shovel fesswise, handle to sinister, counterchanged.
Crest: On a wreath of the colors Argent and Gules, a fleur-de-lis and a double axe head per cross of the first charged with a wavy bar fesswise Azure.
Motto: AGENDO GNAVITER (By Doing Diligently).
Distinctive Unit Insignia. Description: A Silver color metal and enamel device 1 1/8 inches (2.86 cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Per fess Argent and Gules in chief a spur gear, in base a shovel fesswise, handle to sinister, counterchanged. Attached below the shield a Silver scroll inscribed "AGENDO GNAVITER" in Red letters.
Shield: In the scarlet and white of the Engineer Corps, the functions of the organization are aptly illustrated in the gear and shovel, both symbolizing the mechanical and hand tools necessary in the performance of their work. Crest: The fleur-de-lis is used to symbolize France, and the double axe head is placed to represent the unit's action across her border. The wavy blue bar is used to symbolize the Rhineland. The two blades of the axe refer to the two campaign honors awarded the unit during World War II.
The coat of arms was originally approved for the 377th Engineer Battalion, Organized Reserve on 14 October 1942. It was redesignated for the 377th Engineer General Service Regiment on 15 September 1943. It was redesignated for the 577th Engineer Battalion (Construction) and amended by deletion of the Organized Reserve crest on 8 March 1955. The coat of arms was amended to add a crest on 15 February 1967. The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 377th Engineer Battalion on 14 October 1942. It was redesignated for the 377th Engineer General Service Regiment on 15 September 1943. The insignia was redesignated for the 577th Engineer Battalion (Construction) on 8 March 1955.
|Follow us on||
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
|Rate these arms / rate this page :
(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)
Literature: Images and Information from The Institute of Heraldry, US Army.