Arms : Azure on Water in base an Ancient Ship of three masts in full sail a Ladder affixed to the side amidships proper the mainsail charged with a Lion rampant the fore and aft sails and pennons each charged with a Cross Gules.
The arms were officially granted on October 20, 1561 and again on February 5, 1951.
The arms indicate the importance for fishing for the town, which also was an important shipbuilding centre.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Information provided by Laurence Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)