BERKHAMSTED (Urban district council, now town council)
Incorporated into : 1974 Dacorum
Or a Castle of three Towers each domed Azure flying from the two outer towers a Banner Argent charged with a Cross Gules all within a Bordure Sable bezanty.
The arms were not officially granted.
Berkhamsted uses the arms of the Borough of Great Berkhampstead, recorded in 1634. These show the town's castle within a black bordure charged with golden bezants. This denotes that the town belonged to the Duchy of Cornwall.
The arms as used on a JaJa postcard +/- 1905
The arms in the Coffee Hag albums +/- 1925
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Image and information provided by Laurence Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)