|Heraldry of the World|
|Swiss heraldry portal|
Armorial de Suisse
DELÉMONT / DELSBERG
Canton : Jura
The arms show the basilisk, the symbol of the city and bishops of Basel, as the bishops of Basel owned the local castle and area in medieval times. The base refers to the -Mont/-Berg (mountain) part of the name.
The first seal (used from 1544)
The second seal (used from the 16th century)
The arms in 1918
Variations of the arms in the Kaffee Hag albums 1914-1960 :
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Mühlmann, L. : Wappen und Fahnen der Schweiz, Bühler Verlag, Lengnau, 1977 and 1997.