Incorporated into : 1974 Tameside
Arms : Per pale Argent and Sable two Bars per pale Gules and of the first in chief three pierced Cinquefoils Ermine.
Crest : On a Wreath Argent and Gules a Beaver proper charged with two Mullets in pale Or.
The arms were officially granted on March 23, 1936.
Denton Borough was a combination of the Denton and Haughton and the arms are based on the arms of the Denton and Haugton families. The red bars and the cinquefoils are taken from the Denton family, the silver bars in black from the Haughton family. The crest shows a beaver, which is a symbol for the former hat and fur industry.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !