|Heraldry of the World|
|Swiss heraldry portal|
Armorial de Suisse
Canton : Zürich
The arms were officially adopted on December 12, 1931.
The oldest use of a star for Dietlikon dates from a wax seal on a document from 1552. The star also appeared on a baptismal font in the local church from 1698. The first coloured images date from 1719 in a roll of arms of the Deans of Regensberg, and 1743 in a parish book. In both cases the star is golden on a blue field.
Later during the 18th century the colours are frequently gold/brown on red; in 1776 also a red star on a black field. In 1810 the arms are shown as a red-white star on a silver filed; the star with 8 points instead of the previously shown 6 points. During the 19th century and early 20th century the colours were mainly a blue (or blue/red) star on gold.
In the 1920s the cantonal college of arms proposed to the village to use the oldest known colours, which was finally adopted by the council in 1931.The meaning of the star and the colours are unknown; there is no known relation with any ruling family in the village.
The arms in 1860
The arms on a postcard (pre 1940)
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums 1914-1960
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Ziegler, 1977