Diocese of Bangor
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
Other Christian churches
DIOCESE OF BANGOR
Gules, a bend Or guttee-de-poix between two pierced mullets argent. Recorded in the College of Arms. Gules, a bend argent guttee-de-larmes between two pierced mullets of the second.
The arms were recorded at the College of Arms in 1512.
The meaning of this Arms are unknown. Formerly the Bend was Silver with Blue Drops.
Arms of Bishops
James Colquhoun Campbell (1859-1890)
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Image from Wills's Arms of the Bishopric. McCarthy: Armoria Sedium. Bishop Campbell's arms from J. Siebmacher’s Grosses Wappenbuch Bd 8, Die Wappen der Bistümer und Klöster.
E.E. Dorling: Heraldry of the Church a Handbook.