Diocese of Lebombo
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
Other Christian churches
DIOCESE OF LEBOMBO
Denomination : Anglican
Gules, two Keys in Saltire wards downwards and outwards Or a Chief Argent thereon an anchor Sable.
The arms were officially granted on May 29, 1951 by the English College of Arms (the diocese being part of the Anglican church), but have been in use since 1893.
The anchor is taken from the arms of the Diocese of Cape Town, the mother diocese of all South African Anglican dioceses. The keys are the symbol of St. Peter.
Before the arms were officially granted in 1951, there have been several occassions where the keys were places upside down, such as in Cape Town cathedral.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature: Images and information by Mike Oettle