Diocese of St. John
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF ST. JOHN (previously known as ST JOHN’S, KAFFRARIA)
Azure, St John the Evangelist Argent, holding a chalice Or.
The arms were officially granted in 1954, but were already adopted in 1873.
The arms are canting, showing St. John. The Cathedral church in Umtata is also dedicated to St John. The colours are those of Scotland, as the Episcopal Church of Scotland played an important part in the establishment and funding of this diocese.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature: Images and information by Mike Oettle