|Heraldry of the World|
|Swiss heraldry portal|
Armorial de Suisse
De gueules à la muraille crénelée d'argent en fasce, ouverte d'une porte accostée de deux tours.
The arms, depicted on a stained glass window of the church of Villarepos, indicate by the colours that Donatyre was formerly part of the lands of the bishop of Lausanne.
The gate refers to the fact that the village developed outside the city gate of Avenbches. The part of the locality within the gate became the municipality of Avenches, while the part outside the walls formed the municipality of Donatyre.
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums 1914-1960
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Dessemontet, 1972