Liljendal

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Maailman heraldika
Finland.jpg
Finnish heraldry portal
Suomen vaakunat
Finsk heraldik
Finland.flag.gif

LILJENDAL

Region : Uusimaa (2009-2011 (Itä-Uusimaa)
Former province : 1997-2009 Etelä-Suomi, until 1997 Uusimaa
Incorporated into : 2010 Loviisa

Liljendal Kuntavaakuna / Kommunvapen

Official blazon

Kilpi sini-hopeakatkoinen, yläkentässä kaksi hopeista siipeä, alakentässä kolme sinistä liljaa asetettuina 2 + 1.

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on September 14, 1954.

The wings and divided shield are derived from the arms of the barons of Berendes, who named their estate Liljendal in the 17th century. The village developed around the estate. The fleur-de-lis are a canting element for Liljendal.

Arms of Liljendal

The arms on a road sign
Arms of Liljendal

The arms on the town hall

Follow us on
Facebook.jpg

Mail.png
Contact us
Support the site:
Donate.jpg

Click on the image to see how to support the site !

Literature : Pirinen, K. Local coats of arms in Finland (Suomen kunnallisvaakunat), Vantaa, 1982, 216 p.