LITTLEHAMPTON (urban district council)
Incorporated into : 1974 Arun
Arms: Per chevron engrailed Azure and Argent in chief a Martlet volant between two Cross-crosslets fitchée of the second and in base on water barry wavy proper a Lymphad Sable.
The arms were granted on July 29, 1935.
They show the martlet of the West Sussex arms between two distinctive cross-crosslets from the Howard family arms. The bottom of the shield has an ancient ship, showing that the town is a port.
The arms as used on a JaJa postcard +/- 1905
The arms are continued by the Littlehampton Town Council.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Image provided by Laurence Jones