|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially granted on ??-??-1949.
The arms show in the upper half a canting church (Kirche) and in the base an eagle, taken from the arms of the Amt Rietberg, to which the area historically belonged. The arms were changed as the previous arms were identical to the arms of the Varensell municipality.
The previous arms were granted on October 10, 1935.
These arms are based on, and identical to, the arms of the Lords of Varensell, who had many possessions in the village.
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Meijer, 1940