Neustadt an der Waldnaab (kreis)
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
NEUSTADT AN DER WALDNAAB (NEW)
The arms were granted on December 22, 1954 and confirmed on March 22, 1977.
The lion is the lion of the Pfalz, as a large part of the area was for many centuries ruled by the Counts of the Pfalz-Sulzbach. The tree stars are taken form the arms of the Princes of Lobkowitz, who owned the County Störnstein in the district. The bars are the arms of the Counts of Leuchtenberg, who also had many possessions in the area, until they became extinct in 1647.
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.