|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on March 10, 1932.
The city wall is taken from the arms of the Oberlausitz region (see also <a href=oos/ooshong/o-lausit|Oberlausitz]] and Bautzen), the region in which the town is situated.
The uppe rpart shows a cross and a hammer. The cross is a symbol for the "Herrnhuter Brüdergemeine", that founded the city in the 18th century. These Hernhutters are a (protestant) religious group, which founded many towns and villages in the 18th century. The hammer is a symbol for the industry in the town.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Bensing et al., 1984