Ostrava

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Heraldika světa
Czechnat.png
Czech heraldry portal
Česká heraldika
Czech-flag.gif

OSTRAVA

Province: Moravskoslezský Kraj
District (Okres) : Ostrava-město

Arms of Ostrava

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The first mentioning of Ostrava was in the testament of the Olomouc bi­shop Bruno of Schaueburg in 1267. The bishop had purchased the community of Ostrava, promoted it to the status of a townlet and granted it the coat-of­ arms which depicted a white horse rampant. The coat-of-arms was improved later by bishop De­trich from the family of Lords of Hradec by adding a five-leaf rose which was taken over from his family coat-of-arms.

Seal of Ostrava

Seal from around 1900.
Arms of Ostrava

The arms in the Abadie albums
Arms of Ostrava

The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1935
Arms of Ostrava
The arms by Jan Čaka (1977)

Follow us on
Facebook.jpg Instagram.png
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
Mail.png
Contact us
Heraldry of the World is a private site,
all paid for by 1 person and
maintained by 3 persons as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please, support the site:

Donate.jpg




Ebay.png
eBay shop
Payhip.jpg
Download shop

Literature : Augustin, 1997