|Heraldry of the World |
Heraldiek van de wereld
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
Province : Namur
Additions : 1977 Fagnolle, Franchimont, Jamagne, Jamiolle, Merlemont, Neuville, Omezée, Roly, Romedene, Samart, Sart-en-Fagne, sautour, Surice, Villers-en-Fagne, Villers-le-Gambon, Vodecée
The arms were officially granted on March 13, 1822 and again on August 28, 1979.
The arms were probably granted in 1554 wen the city was founded by Emperor Charles V. He named the new city after his son, the later King Philip II of Spain. The arms thus show four crowned letters P and the cross of Burgundy, as an indication to the history of the dynasty.
The arms in Traversier (1842)
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
The arms on a police badge (source)
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Servais, 1955