|Heraldry of the World |
|Finnish heraldry portal|
POHJA - POJO
Hopeakentässä sininen kärki, jossa hopealilja; saatteena kärjen kummallakin puolella sininen raudanmerkki.
The arms were officially granted on June 10, 1953.
The arms show in the chief two iron symbols, as already in the 17th century iron mining and metal manufacturing started in the area. The large metal company, Fiskars, was founded here in 1649 and still exists.
The blue point refers to the bay and the silver fleur-de-lys is the symbol of Saint Mary and refers to the 15th century St. Mary;s church in the village.
The arms on a road sign
The arms on the town hall
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Pirinen, K. Local coats of arms in Finland (Suomen kunnallisvaakunat), Vantaa, 1982, 216 p.