Or on a Cross Gules a Letter R of the field on a Chief of the second a Lion passant guardant Gold.
The arms were officially recorded at the visitation of 1574 as an untinctured seal, and in 1617 as coloured arms.
The arms have the English lion and St George's cross. The design is completed by a letter R for the City's name.
The arms as used on a JaJa postcard +/- 1905
The arms on a Wills's cigarette card, 1906
The arms in the Coffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms as used on a Faulkner postcard +/- 1905
The arms in the town (Images by Derek Howard):
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Image and information provided by Laurence Jones (email@example.com)