|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The first arms were granted to the city in 1561 by Count Otto IV of Schaumburg. These arms showed the so-called Nesselblatt (nettle-leaf) of the Counts of Schaumburg with in the base of the shield some waves, symbolising the Aue river.
When the city was acquired by Hessen-Kassel in 1650 the above arms were granted by Countess Amalie Elisabeth. The arms show the Nesselblatt and the waves, but two lions (of Hessen ?) were added.
The arms in an 1884 book
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.