|Heraldry of the World|
|Irish heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of Ireland
Araltais in Éirinn
COUNTY SOUTH TIPPERARRY (Tipperary - South Riding)
Created in 1898 from and re-incorporated in 2014 into County Tipperary
The arms were officially granted on July 10, 1990.
The arms are taken from the centre piece of the Chain of Office for the Chairman of Tipperary (South Riding) County Council.
It is based on the arms for County Tipperary and shows the arms of the Butler family, Earls of Ormonde. The crest depicts the lion over the doorway of Cormac's Chapel in Cashel. The base is taken from the Clonmel arms and represents the River Suir.
The motto "Vallis Aurea Suriensis" means Golden Vale of the Suir.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Image and information provided by Laurence Jones.