Incorporated into : 1974 Kirklees
Arms : Gules a Lamb passant proper supporting a Staff Or flying therefrom a Pennon Argent charged with a Cross of the first in chief three Roses of the third barbed and seeded also proper.
Crest : On a Wreath Argent and Gules a Lion rampant Purpure resting the sinister paw on an Escutcheon Argent charged with a Saltire Gules and a Label of five points Azure..
Motto: 'INDUSTRY ENRICHES'
The arms were officially granted on September 5, 1949.
The lamb refers to the district's woollen industry and allied trades, and the roses refer to Yorkshire.
The purple lion is from the arms of the De Lacy family, Lords of the Honour of Pontefract. The smaller shield depicts the arms of the Nevilles of Liversedge
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !