|German||In Gold der wachsende, silbern nimbierte und blau gekleidete Heilige Diakon Stephan, die grüne Märtyrerpalme in der Rechten, der mit der Linken in der gerafften Dalmatika goldene Steine hält.|
The oldest known seal of the city dates from 1578 and shows already the local patron saint, St. Stephen with palm branch and stones. The saint was placed for the first time in a shield in 1819. The above arms are identical to the arms of 1819. During the 19th century, however, there have been many misinterpretations of the arms, showing St.Martin instead of St. Stephen, or showing a goose as a symbol instead of the stones.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site