From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Bayern
District (Kreis) : Kitzingen (until 1973 Gerolzhofen)
Additions : 1972 Reupelsdorf; 1977 Geesdorf; 1978 Feuerbach, Untersambach

Wappen von Wiesentheid/Arms (crest) of Wiesentheid
Official blazon

Über grünem Schildfuß, darin ein silberner Hügel, aus dem drei rote Heidekrautstängel wachsen, in Blau ein links hin schreitender, doppelschwänziger, blau bekrönter und bewehrter goldener Löwe.

English blazon wanted


The lion in the arms is derived from the arms of the Lords of Schönborn, who acquired the estate of Wiesentheid in 1701. The arms appear on seals and decorations during the 18th and 19th century and have not changed since. The meaning of the reed mace is likely a symbol for the first part of the name Wiese, or boggy field.

Wappen von Wiesentheid/Coat of arms (crest) of Wiesentheid

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site