|In Grün ein silberner Wellengöpel, belegt in seiner Gabelung mit einem schwarzen Mühlrad auf kreisrunder silberner Scheibe, die in den drei Winkeln des Göpels mit je einem silbernen Eichenblatt besteckt ist.
The arms were granted on August 31, 1948.
The arms are partly canting. In the village the two rivers Au and Bille join and were historically used for energy using a water mill (Mühle). The two rivers and the mill are symbolised in the arms. The green colour and the oak leaves symbolise the many forests near the town. The oak leaves are also derived from the arms of the Bismarck family. The old estate of the famous Chancellor Bismarck, Friedrichsruh, is part of the municipality. Finally, the three oak leaves represent the villages Billenkamp, Aumühle and Friedrichsruh.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site
Literature: Reissmann, 1997