Bad Dürkheim

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Rheinland-Pfalz
District (Kreis) : Bad Dürkheim
Additions: 1935 Grethen, Hardenburg, Seebach; 1969 Leistadt, Ungstein

Wappen von Bad Dürkheim/Arms (crest) of Bad Dürkheim
Official blazon
German In Silber ein schwarzer Maueranker.
English blazon wanted


Dürkheim was the capital of the Counts of Leiningen, who granted city rights in 1360. The oldest existing seal dates from 1490 and shows the wall-anchor, taken from the arms of Lord Eckbrecht of Dürkheim. A later seal, which has been used from 1540-1776 shows the same arms, with on top a cross and an abbott's crosier. The cross and crosier indicate the fact that the town (the city rank had been temporarily lost) belonged to the monastery of the H. Cross in Limburg until 1554. The arms have thus basically never changed.

Seal of Bad Dürkheim

Seal from around 1900
Arms (crest) of Bad Dürkheim

The arms in the Continentale Verlags-Anstalt album, +/- 1910
Wappen von Bad Dürkheim/Coat of arms (crest) of Bad Dürkheim

The arms in the Wappen-Sammlung (1900)
Wappen von Bad Dürkheim/Coat of arms (crest) of Bad Dürkheim

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

See also : Frœschwiller

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site