Bous (Luxembourg)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Luxembourg heraldry portal
Héraldique de Luxembourg
Luxemburgische Wappen


Armoiries de Bous (Luxembourg)
Official blazon
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on July 23, 1986.

Prior to 1793 the villages of Bous and Erpeldange belonged to the Counts of Roussy, the other two villages, Rolling and Assel, belonged to the Waldbredimus Estate.
The arms of the Counts of Roussy originally was a red lion on a silver field In the 18th century the arms were divided with the lion in the upper part and 6 spurs in the lower part. These arms form the main part of the arms of Bous.

The two lily-sceptres are derived from the arms of the Wiltheim family, Lords of Waldbredimus.

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the siteLiterature: Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.