Civic Heraldry Literature - United States
|Heraldry of the World |
This page shows the sources used, or to be used, on the United States (incl. Puerto Rico) part of the site Heraldry of the World. Not all the information from the literature mentioned below has been added to the site yet. If you require information from one of the sources below, please contact me.
I am always looking more more, local, literature, such as newspaper articles etc. If you want to donate these, please send them as pdf or contact me !
Posters, websites, mails/letters, stamps, postcards, maps and similar sources are not included. For an overview of heraldic picture albums, tobacco cards, trade cards, stamps etc, see here)
Books and references
- Anonymous : Het Amerikaansche wapen. Algemeen Nederlands Familieblad 11(1885)246.
- Anonymous : The arms of Puerto Rico. Genealogical Magazine 5(1902)535-538.
- Anonymous : Seals and Coats of Arms. Booklet issued by Chase & Sanborn Coffee, 1902, 14 p.
- Anonymous : South African contribution to the arms of Salt Lake City. ARMA 2316-2317. (see also South Africa for note on ARMA).
- Chapin, H.M. : Emblems of Rhode Island. Rhode Island Historical Society,Providence, 1930, 78 p. No ISBN
- Chapin, H.M. : American Civic Heraldry - A roll of arms of cities and towns in the United States. Providence, 1935, 54p.
- Boulton, D'A.J.D. :The Creation of the Armorial Achievement of the United States (1776-82), and Its Representation and Misrepresentation (1782 - c.1920). Alta Studia Heraldica 5(2013-2014)95-184.
- Homes, H.A. : The correct arms of the state of New York as established by law since March 16, 1778. Albany, 1880, 50 p.
- Metselaars, T. : Geschiedenis van de wapens van Nieuw-Amsterdam en New York. Heraldisch Tijdschrift 16(2010)38-48.
- Pilcher, J.E. : The seal and arms of Pennsylvania. Stanly Way, Harrisburg, 1902, 23 p.
- Román, N. : Los símbolos oficiales de Puerto Rico. Editorial Cordillera In. 1986, ISBN 84-599-1476-3, 47 p.
- Santa-Pinter, J.J. : Sociografía simbólica de Puerto Rico. Editorial Vosgos, 1979, 134 p. No ISBN.
- Wilde, A. S. : The civic ancestry of New York-City and State. Published by the author. New York, 1913. 80 p.